A bunch of new promo images for next March’s Captain Marvel have landed, revealing the first look at Brie Larson in Carol Danvers’ classic costume…
Before we get to them, though, here’s the latest cover of Entertainment Weekly which shows Captain Marvel off in all her glory…
Scroll down below the gallery for more info on Captain Marvel:
EW also revealed the following juicy details:
- Captain Marvel won’t follow usual superhero movie structure and will begin with Carol already possessing her powers.
- She will be part of an outer-space elite squad known as Starforce. Her teammates include Minn-Erva (Gemma Chan), Att-Lass (Algenis Perez Soto) and Guardians of the Galaxy‘s Korath (Djimon Hounsou)
- Lee Pace will also return from Guardians as Ronan the Accuser. In this prequel, however, he will not be a fanatical villain but an ally to Starforce.
- Rogue One‘s Ben Mendolsohn is playing Talos, the leader of the Skrulls, a shapeshifting alien race that invade Earth in the movie.
- Lashana Lynch is portraying Monica Rambeau, Carol’s best friend and fellow US Air Force pilot. Her call sign is “Photon”, a nod to her superhero name in the comics.
- Samuel L. Jackson is being de-aged with impeccable CGI to play a younger Nick Fury. The future S.H.I.E.L.D. agent is here just a simple desk jockey without any superhero experience.
For more, check out EW.